Battery-powered tools are being bought more and more in the market than corded tools. Since they are providing pollution-free solutions with just a charge of a battery. So we have decided to review the 5 best cordless chainsaws of 2021. A chainsaw is basically used in wild side areas to cut down the trees or you can use it for your garden as well.
Let’s check out our priority list and choose your winning product.
Top 5 Best Cordless Chainsaws in 2021
- DEWALT DCCS620B 20V Max Compact Cordless Chainsaw Kit Bare Tool with Brushless Motor(best chainsaw for home use)
- BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Chainsaw, 12-Inch (LCS1240)(best chainsaw for the money)
- Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw, 2.0 Ah Battery and Charger Included 20262(best chainsaw under 200)
- Worx WG322 20V Cordless Chainsaw with Auto-Tension(best chainsaw for women)
- Makita XCU03PT1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 14″ Chain Saw Kit with, 4 Batteries (5.0Ah)(best chainsaw chain for hardwood)
Here are detailed specifications of each products.
1. DEWALT DCCS620B 20V Max Compact Cordless Chainsaw Kit Bare Tool with Brushless Motor(best chainsaw for home use)
This Dewalt model comes with a brushless motor that helps you to maximize your runtime and overall life of the motor other than that chain gauge is 0.043 and chain speed is 25.2 feet per second. A 12-inch Oregon bar and chain built helps you with many difficult garden tasks, although you can easily do some medium intensity of work in just one charge since it is compatible with 20V battery so you can attach a 20V battery of other Dewalt tools with it. Tool-free chain tensioning ability and bar tightening knob is used for bar clamping force. 8.8 lbs of total weight give you a more comfortable drive and more control over it.
A recommended chainsaw for small to medium intensity of jobs.
- Well balanced
- Perfect for Homeowners
- Good Runtime
- Oil fill cap is tight until you understand the process
- Bar cover can be loosing while using, but easy to tight again
2. BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Chainsaw, 12-Inch (LCS1240)(best chainsaw for the money)
Our next recommendation is a value for money product. This version of Black Decker comes in budget range but contains many premium features. 40V 2.0 Ah of battery provides a longer run time that helps you over 60 lumber cuts on a single charge. The green light indicates the battery information while charging. It has 10.4 lbs of weight because longer runtime didn’t help you until you have a lightweight chainsaw. After all, an overweight chainsaw may cause quick tiredness. While taking care of more comfortability, the company added a full wrap-around handle for different directions. Chain tensioning is a time taking task with a tool, but now you can adjust it with the chain adjustment ability in less time. Last but not the least, this beast comes up with the 12-inch Oregon bar and chain to give you a smooth and fast cutting experience.
- Automatic oiling system
- Great battery life and Compatible with many other 40V Black Decker tools
- Value for money
- Have the power to get the medium and large jobs done
- Few buyers are facing the oil leakage issue
- 10 lbs weight might be a little issue for older people (but not much)
3. Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw, 2.0 Ah Battery and Charger Included 20262(best chainsaw under 200)
Another premium feature chainsaw is here in under 200, with the branding of Greenworks. Since Greenworks is an old well-known company so you don’t need to be worried about the quality. The specialty of this chainsaw is that it comes with so many features but the weight distribution is 6 lbs. It has an instant pull to start and the push to unlock features. A 40V lithium-ion battery(compatible with G-Max 2.0 Ah and 4.0Ah battery) provides longer runtime to its 12-inch steel chain and bar. A tool-free chain tensioning feature is added for more ease of use. Automatic oiling systems apply the exact amount of oil to the bar and chain for optimal performance. The oil tank is translucent, so you can easily get the idea of total oil in it. This chainsaw provides 75 cuts per charge, so we will definitely recommend this product to the professional woodworkers for a medium level of tasks.
- Reasonable and longer battery time
- Great for large yards
- Translucent oil tank
- Extremely lightweight
- Value for money
- Not Compatible with all 40V batteries but only works with G-Max series
- The motor is not brushless (but it’s ok due to the price range)
4. Worx WG322 20V Cordless Chainsaw with auto-Tension(best chainsaw for women)
Here is an alternative to the Dewalt model in the 20V series. This thing helps those women who have courage and passion for Woodworks or gardening. With less muss and fuss this Chainsaw comes with a 20V of a battery system, that provides a decent amount of runtime in small to medium intensity works. 3 main features are added for more performance without any hassle, like auto chain tensioning that helps the system to provide the right amount of tension, other than that auto chain lubricant ability will make your system smoother and efficient for cutting, on the other hand, weight plays an important role in the comfortability of the work so the company also optimize this chainsaw into a 6.2 lbs of total weight. 12.5/s of fast chain speed provided by this chainsaw and when you combine all those auto features with it, it became a recommended product for women and budget range buyers.
- Compatible battery with WORX PowerShare
- Plenty of torque and power
- Comfortable grip
- Value for money
- Super lightweight
- You may need a strong grip while working with it.
5. Makita XCU03PT1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 14″ Chain Saw Kit with, 4 Batteries (5.0Ah)(best chainsaw chain for hardwood)
We have added premium products in almost every review article instead of budget-friendly guides. Some people want professional-level products due to their hard work. So we have added a premium level chainsaw by Makita. This cordless and brushless chainsaw is so powerful that provides the power equivalent to the 32cc gas chainsaw. While improving the overall cutting of this product, the company provides a 0-3 speed trigger and 940 FPM high chain speed. This Chainsaw comes with the 4 batteries you can use 2 batteries of 18V to maximize the runtime, also there is an auto power-off function that saves your remaining battery power. The charger of this chain saw helps you to charge 2 batteries at a time. It looks like an overpriced product but it’s not because it is a complete kit that contains 4 batteries a charger a powerful Makita cordless chainsaw for heavy tasks.
- Extremely powerful
- Didn’t have a noise like a gas chainsaw
- Balanced for one-handed use(but not recommended due to safety hazard)
- Ideal for heavy tasks
- Longer runtime
- Quiet heavy in weight due to the batteries
- A little bit pricey ( but this price range gives you a whole kit, not just a chainsaw)
- Led on/off switch is a hassle to use with gloves
- The power button has to be pressed(but not a big deal)