Hedge trimming is a very similar process to the hair cutting. In this process we trim the overgrown bushy hedges of the plants, So they give us a very clean and fresh look. It is a mandatory and time-consuming process that you definitely need to do, you just need a tool that will save your time and stamina. To make your task easier and less time consuming, we are going to review the 5 best Hedge trimmers of 2021 so you can easily choose your desired trimmer that will help you to maintain the beauty of your lawn.
Let’s take a look at our top selected trimmers.
Top 5 Best Hedge Trimmers Of 2021
- BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24-Inch (LHT2436) (best cordless hedge trimmer)
- DEWALT DCHT820B Hedge Trimmer, (best hedge trimmer on the market)
- EGO Power+ HT2400 24-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer(best electric hedge trimmer)
- Scotts Outdoor Power Tools HT10020S 20-Inch 3.2-Amp Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer, (best hedge trimmer for the money)
- Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer(best gas hedge trimmer)
Here are detailed specifications of each products.
1. BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24-Inch (LHT2436) (Best Cordless Hedge trimmer)
Starting from a top hedge trimmer in the market. This 40V Cordless trimmer has its own respect in gardening tools. Other than that the company claims up to 6000 square feet of trimming on a single charge. If you have a big garden and you are thinking about tiredness with so much working, then worry not since it has 6.9 lbs of total weight. The 40V battery system provides a decent amount of runtime and the fast charger takes about 1 hour to recharge the full battery. 24 inches of double blades there to make your job less shaky and less vibrant as well as the capability of comfortable grip gives you extra comfort and a strong grip to make you’re trimming more secure and on the spot. 2400 cutting strokes per minute and powerful blades help you to quickly cut the 3/4-inch thick branches. 2 years of limited warranty also comes with this product for extra protection.
- Decent battery backup
- Value for money
- Many customers are facing the overheating issue
2. DEWALT DCHT820B Hedge Trimmer, Black/Yellow(best hedge trimmer on the market)
If you are an old user of DeWalt then this trimmer might be a more good option, since it has the ability of a compatible battery that you can use with many different DeWalt tools. It has 8.8 lbs of weight but your hands can’t feel that much heaviness if you are doing the small jobs. 22″ of hedge trimmer with a ¾” cutting capacity will give you a great combination for quick trimming. Since it is a battery-powered trimmer so you will get a low maintenance feature without any hassle of gas or oil. An easy pull trigger provides a quick start ability. The last but most important feature of this trimmer is that it comes with a 90 days money-back guarantee, 1-year free service, and 3 years of warranty. Overall this trimmer is a great fit for small to medium-sized gardens.
- Easy to start
- Sharp blades
- Not as powerful like a gas trimmer
- The battery is compatible with other DeWalt products
- The guard of the blade is not that much bigger in size(so be careful)
- Battery life is not much (especially if you have a big lawn)
3. EGO Power+ HT2400 24-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer – Battery and Charger Not Included (best electric hedge trimmer)
Ego Power+ is here to fulfill the meaning of value for Money trimmer. This 24 inches model works with a compatible battery system, so if you already have any compatible Ego Power+ tool that is using the 56V Battery, you can attach this trimmer with ease. We will surely recommend this trimmer for almost every size of the garden Since it has a 56V of a battery system. Well built weather resistance construction gives you a non-stop performance in many different seasons. Dual blades with hard steel built play an important role in smooth performance. The electronic brake will improve your control so you cannot cut the wrong hedges while trimming. 6.2 lbs of weight distribution(without battery) gives you a lighter experience that helps you in longer run time than many trimmers.
- Sharp Steel blades
- Longer run time
- Electric control
- The battery is compatible with other Ego Power+ tool
- A little heavy for 1-handed operation (with battery)
4. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools HT10020S 20-Inch 3.2-Amp Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer, Grey(best hedge trimmer for the money)
While discussing the trimmers in the market, we didn’t forget the budget range buyers. This corded trimmer comes in at a very cheap price (under 50$). The 20-inch dual-action hardened steel blade can easily survive in normal routine since it has 3.2 Amp of the motor system to support. The ability of 3400 strokes per minute gives you a competitive edge like professional trimmers, to make your job more comfortable. Save your electric energy with a full-length trigger in a single press. Since it is a corded trimmer, your garden’s environment will be saved from air pollution or any other fossil fuels, other than that you just need to plug the cord and do your job without any battery. 3 years of limited warranty offered by the company. Highly Recommended for normal size gardens because of corded function.
- Light-weight (4.8 pounds)
- Budget Friendly
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t contain any cord (you have to buy it separately)
- Didn’t come with any locking feature to turn it on without pressing the trigger.
5. Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer(best gas hedge trimmer)
Gas trimmers can tackle any heavy-duty duty job even if you have a playground for trimming, it will work like a champ. Our recommended pick is a 22-inch gas trimmer by Poulan. Commercial areas have so many difficult phases with hedges but don’t worry anymore since it has a powerful 23cc engine that helps you to trim almost all sorts of shrubs and hedges furthermore it has Dual action steel blades so they help the engine to cut the limbs up to 1” diameter. Anti-vibration dampeners help to absorb the over vibration and give you a better control experience. Since it is a gas trimmer so it doesn’t have that lightweight like many electric trimmers. The rear handle comes with a rotating ability so you can customize the cutting style with ease.
- Longer run time because of gas-powered
- 2 years warranty
- Pretty big fuel tank
- Maybe you will get an Environment pollution issue
- Support issues reported by customers