Hedge trimming is a pretty similar process to hair cutting. In this process we trim the disordered bushy hedges of the plants, So they give us a very fresh and new look.
It is a mandatory and time-consuming process that you surely need to do, only the right trimmer will save your time and stamina.
But the question is, which trimmer should you choose for your trimming task. Since everyone has a different lawn size and different choice.
So to make your research part more simple and less time consuming, we are going to review the 5 Best Hedge Trimmers of 2021 so you can easily choose your desired trimmer that will help you to maintain the beauty of your lawn.
Let’s take a look at our top selected trimmers.
Top 5 Best Hedge Trimmers Of 2021
- Best Cordless: BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- Best On The Market: DEWALT DCHT820B Hedge Trimmer
- Best Electric: EGO Power+ HT2400 24-Inch Hedge Trimmer
- Best For The Money: Scotts Outdoor Power Tools HT10020S 3.2-Amp Corded
- Best Gas: Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered
Here are the detailed specifications of each product.
1. BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer (Best Cordless)
Starting from a prime hedge trimmer of the market. This 40V Cordless trimmer has its own respect for gardening tools.
The company claims up to 6000 square feet of trimming on a single charge.
If you have a big garden and you are thinking about tiredness with so much work, then worry not since it has 6.9 lbs of total weight.
The 40V battery system provides a decent amount of runtime and the fast charger takes about 1 hour to recharge the full battery.
24 inches of double blades make your job less shaky and less vibrant, the capability of a comfortable grip gives you extra comfort and a sturdy grip to make you’re trimming more reliable.
2400 cutting strokes per minute and powerful blades support you to quickly cut the 3/4-inch thick branches.
It has 2 years of limited warranty for extra protection.
- Decent battery backup
- Value for money
- Loud Noise
- Many customers are facing the overheating issue
2. DEWALT DCHT820B Hedge Trimmer (Best on the market)
If you are an old user of Dewalt tools then this trimmer might be a more good option.
Since it comes with a compatible battery that you can use with many different Dewalt tools.
It has 8.8 lbs of weight but your hands can’t feel that much heaviness if you are doing the small jobs.
22″ of hedge trimmer with a ¾” cutting capacity will give you a great combination for quick trimming.
Since it is a battery-powered trimmer so you will get a low maintenance feature without any hassle of gas or oil.
An easy pull trigger provides a quick start ability.
The last but most important feature of this trimmer is that it comes with a 90 days money-back guarantee, 1-year free service, and 3 years of warranty.
Overall this trimmer is a great fit for small to medium-sized gardens.
- Easy to start
- Sharp blades
- Light in weight
- Long blade size(cut more grass)
- The battery is compatible with other DeWalt products
- The guard of the blade is not that much bigger in size(so be careful)
- Didn’t have much power so you need a little more effort
- Battery life is not much (especially if you have a big lawn)
3. EGO Power+ HT2400 24-Inch Hedge Trimmer (Best electric)
Ego Power+ is here to fulfill the meaning of value for Money trimmer.
This 24 inches model works with a compatible battery system, so if you already have any compatible Ego Power+ tool that is using the 56V Battery, you can attach this trimmer without any effort.
We will surely recommend this trimmer for almost every size of the garden because of its larger battery system.
Well built weather resistance construction gives you a non-stop performance in many different seasons.
Dual blades with hard steel built play an important role in smooth performance.
The electronic brake will improve your control so you cannot cut the wrong hedges while trimming.
6.2 lbs of weight distribution(without battery) gives you a lighter experience that helps you in longer run time than many trimmers.
- Sharp Steel blades
- Extended battery timing
- Electric control
- Compatible battery
- Difficult to use, for a 1-handed person
- The battery clips on the back make you feel heavy too
4. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools HT10020S 3.2-Amp Corde (Best for the money)
While discussing the trimmers in the market, we didn’t forget the budget range buyers.
This corded trimmer comes in at a very cheap price (under 50$).
The 20-inch dual-action hardened steel blade can easily survive in a normal routine.
It has 3.2 Amp of the motor system to support the blade.
The ability of 3400 strokes per minute gives you a competitive edge like professional trimmers, to make your job more comfortable.
Save your electric energy with a full-length trigger in a single press.
Since it is a corded trimmer, your garden’s environment will be saved from air pollution or any other fossil fuels.
Besides that, you just need to plug the cord and do your job without any battery.
3 years of limited warranty offered by the company.
Highly Recommended for normal size gardens because of corded function.
- Light-weight (4.8 pounds)
- Budget Friendly
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t contain any cord (you have to buy it separately)
- Didn’t come with any locking feature to turn it on without pressing the trigger.
5. Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered (best gas)
Gas trimmers can tackle any heavy-duty duty job even if you have a playground for trimming, it will work like a champ.
It has a powerful 23cc engine that helps you to trim almost all sorts of shrubs and hedges.
Anti-vibration dampeners help to absorb the extra vibration and give you a more solid control on your trimmer.
The rear handle comes with a rotating ability so you can easily customize your cutting method.
Furthermore, it has Dual action steel blades so they help the engine to cut the limbs up to 1” diameter.
- Longer run time because of gas-powered
- 2 years warranty
- Pretty big fuel tank
- Huge power for tough jobs
- Maybe you will get an Environment pollution issue
- Built of the pivoting handle is not perfect
- Support issues reported by customers